Thursday, August 24, 2006

 

I am so smrt, I am so smrt

Sorry I haven't made any posts for a while (not that anyone's reading this). Things have been very crazy for me. I really haven't been accessing a personal computer for about the past week now. Anyway, here are some thoughts for today:

Jeopardy: My wife and I have started recording Jeopardy on our DVR. That show makes me feel really stupid sometimes. Lately, the teen tournament has been on. I like that because I can answer some of the questions or question the answers if you will. Then final Jeopardy came up. I don't remember what the answer was, but I was pretty much sitting there going, "uh, what?". I had no frickin' clue. It was something about a line from a book somewhere. Then they go to the teens...all three got it right. Man, did I feel dumb. I wonder if maybe I was smarter as a teenager. I think work is rotting my brain. My wife and I decided that there are two kinds of nerds. Nerd #1 is the one who studies a lot, gathers a lot of information, knows a lot of things. Nerd #2 is just kind of into video games, computers, etc. Well, I always though I liked learning new things, but after watching Jeopardy, I think I lean more towards nerd #2. At least I have my health, right? BTW, after doing a spell check, it found that I spelled "studies" incorrectly. Go figure.

Homes for sale: So a new mls listing came up that matched our criteria. We were shocked. It was this huge house in a city we know we can't afford. We looked it up on zillow, and it showed the house values in that area were about $150,000 to $200,000 MORE than the list price of this house. This has to be too good to be true. I asked our real estate agent to get some info on it. Well, there weren't any major declarations, but something has to be wrong with this place. Our agent asked the agent selling that house why it's selling for so much less than the others. The selling agent wouldn't tell him! He pretty much said something like, "every buyer interprets it differently", and he'd only tell if we went out to see it. That sounds really scary if you ask me. Turns out it went under contract, so none of this matters, but it was kind of interesting anyway. We're still trying to figure out what happened there. Was someone brutally murdered? Are they on top of an ancient Indian burial ground? Are they next to a toxic waste dump? We may never know.

Automatic flusher strikes again: I just thought I'd add that I was in a bathroom stall the other day that has an automatic flushing toilet. It managed to flush 6 times before I actually wanted it to flush! I finally took some toilet paper and hung it over the sensor. That is now part of my routine. Wipe off the toilet, cover the seat, hang some toilet paper over the sensor. At the end, remove toilet paper and flushing commences.

Comments:
I think you write about toilets almost as much as your brother writes about Nickelback!
 
See I dont' know ...i like the automatic flush...it's almost like a bidet (spelling?), you know you get that nice little sprinkling on your butt...esp if the water is tydi bowled.

Scott
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?