Wednesday, August 02, 2006

 

I'm stressed

My stress level is way too high today. Between trying to sell our house, trying to find a house within our price range that is acceptable, dealing with not eating everything I want to, and several other things in my life, I feel stressed. It's making it tough to sleep. When I do sleep, I have bad dreams.

Dreams affect me a lot. I tend to have very vivid dreams. Sometimes my dreams are full stories that go full circle. If I have one, I'll try to remember what I can and post it. I won't guarantee it'll be interesting, but it will most likely be strange and have a somewhat developed story. When I'm stressed, I tend to have dreams that stress me out more. So I wake up stressed, and my day just doesn't stand a chance.

My dog, Abby, is lying next to me right now. She had a long day at daycare and is doing what we call some "hard sleeping". It's like she's sleeping and trying to get in more rest. I don't know how to describe it, but she sleeps, dreams quickly, breathes more heavily. It's kind of funny to watch. She's a good dog.

Yes, I did say that my dog goes to daycare. She goes to Doggie Daycare to be exact. Basically, several dogs are in a room together and get to play with each other during the day. She LOVES it. The people there are great. Abby loves the dogs and the people there. She practically pulls you over when she sees the door.

Exciting news: Yesterday, I decided to try out a treadmill at the gym. I usually use an elliptical machine, but I kind of wanted to just do some plain running. I've never been good at running. I was the kid in high school who would be running a 12 minute mile. I use the term "running" loosely since I usually had to walk about half of it. Well, I got on the treadmill and started running. I ended up finishing a mile in 9 minutes and 43 seconds. I know that's a pretty bad mile time, but for me, I'm pretty sure it's the fastest I've ever run a mile. Even more, I didn't have to stop to walk at all! I'm excited about it. :-)

Comments:
Doggie daycare rules! We took our two dogs to daycare today, too.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?