Monday, August 07, 2006

 

It's a new record!!!

Well, it's a new record for me anyway. I decided to hop on the treadmill again today. I wanted to beat the last mile time that I set, and I did it! I ran a mile in 9 minutes 16 seconds this time. Man, I was tired at the end. I kept on walking on the treadmill until the end of 20 minutes though. I think it's a good thing I did or I might have passed out!

So I didn't do any posts over the weekend, so I'll try to fill in the gaps here with this post...

Saturday: We went to a Jimmy Buffet concert. It was me, my wife, my in-laws, my brother-in-law, and his girlfriend. I have to say, I'm not a big Jimmy Buffet fan. I don't dislike him. I just never really listened to much of his music. I have to say though, that was a fun concert! You can tell that he loves putting on concerts. He does the same thing over and over, but he still loves it. I think he has a pretty ideal life. Sing, play music, travel around the country, and make loads of money? I could deal with that.

Sunday: I actually got to sleep in late on Sunday morning. The dog was sleeping over at my parent's house, so she wasn't there to wake me up. I slept until 10:50 which is really dang late for me now. Later in the day, my wife and I picked up the dog and went to a "Dog Days of Summer" event. It was something where there were dog rescue groups, dog contests, a dog parade, etc. It sounded like a lot of fun. Unfortunately, it rained for a lot of the day. By the time we got there, there were almost no people or dogs there. For some reason, Abby (our dog) was not happy to be there. We got the entrance, and she just turned around and started pulling me away. I got her to go in, but she just walked around with her tail between her legs. She does get nervous around new dogs, but I think she just wasn't in a good mood. Overall, the trip was a bust. Oh well. Live and learn.

Sunday morning was another weigh in day for me. I lost some more weight. Now I'm down 190 pounds.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?